My Macbook of 5 years decided to call it quits on the same day as my "reliable" hard drive of several years and there went several hundred photos from a recent trip to Mendoza, Valparaíso and Santiago Chile. As they say, don't dwell on what you don't have, but be grateful for what you do have.
With that wisdom, I still choose to dwell on all those photos that I don't have anymore and crack a grin for the few photos I do have below :)
Some helpful tips & links if you're planning a trip to Mendoza and Valparaíso:
- Where to Stay: Finca Terrada a charming and cozy property for well deserved R&R between your wine tasting
- Where to Eat: María Antonieta is a casual yet creative restaurant in the centre of Mendoza
- Wine Tasting: Clos De Chacras - only did one tasting ... We loved the wine tasting and food pairing.
- Horse Riding & Asado: A great alternative activity to wine tasting. We were recommended to Los Pingos Cabalgatas
- Car Rental: If you can, do rent a car in Mendoza as most vineyards are far apart. But warning, don't expect high quality rental cars and be prepared to pay slightly more than your average car rental